Tuesday, 11 August 2015

Unlawful Stay In The UK? Details Of Financial Help Available:

You can get help with voluntary departure if you’re 18 or over and one of the following applies:
you’ve been refused leave to remain in the UK
you’ve applied to extend your leave but now want to withdraw your application and return to your home country
you’re in the UK unlawfully

You can also get help for family groups that include at least one child under 18, if that child is in the UK unlawfully.

You must return to your home country if you’re in the UK unlawfully or your leave has expired.

Contact the central voluntary departures team to find out what help you can get.

Central voluntary departures team
[email protected]
Telephone: 0300 004 0202
Monday to Friday, 9am to 5.30pm
Fax: 0870 336 9544

You’ll need to tell them:
your Home Office reference (if known)
your full name, date of birth and nationality
your telephone number and current address
details of the travel document you hold (eg passport or emergency travel document), and whether it’s valid
if you have any dependants under 18

If your passport or travel document is being held by the Home Office, it will be returned to you as you leave the UK. You might also be able to get help with the cost of your flight.
Voluntary return

Speak to the team before you book your flight - they will tell you how long it will take to arrange your return.
Assisted voluntary return

You might be eligible for the ‘assisted voluntary return’ programme if you:
have claimed asylum
have been refused asylum
have been granted discretionary (temporary) leave to remain
are in the UK unlawfully

Contact the Choices service, run by Refugee Action. They’re an independent charity who can give you free and confidential advice about how to return home, get travel documents and financial help.

0808 800 0007

No comments :

Post a Comment