Spin banners 100% up to £250 Betway Sports £30 free bet £10 free bet club Hippodrome Cruise banners £250

Wednesday, 14 October 2015

Dead Rat Found In Subway Sandwich!! (Pictured)

Hate to think that was what I had for lunch!!!! Never ever eating Subway again!!!!!

A Subway customer in Oregon snapped a photo of what appeared to be a dead mouse in his friend's sandwich.

The dead rodent had been mixed in with spinach. Pic: Matt Jones

By Sky News US Team

Subway says one of its restaurants in Oregon has been thoroughly cleaned after a customer found a dead rodent in his sandwich.

Jay Armstead was at the sarnie shop in Lincoln City last week when they spotted what he believed was a mouse.

"It was wet and dead," he told KGW-TV. "His tail was curled up and you could see his two front teeth."

Mr Armstead's friend, Matt Jones, who was also in line, said he could barely believe what he was seeing.

"I laughed because I was like, there is no way this just happened," he told KGW-TV.

Mr Jones said a Subway employee had just plopped down a handful of spinach when they all noticed the rodent.

He snapped a photo of his friend's sandwich and posted in on Facebook.

"Look at that Beast of a mouse in the spinach at Subway today! Good thing we didn't bite into it!" Mr Jones wrote, adding that the manager was in "shock".

In a statement to KGW, Subway said: "As soon as the customer alerted the owner about what happened, they were immediately given a full refund and an investigation was launched.

"To be cautious, all of the products in the sandwich unit were disposed of and a thorough cleaning took place, in which the Health Department gave the restaurant a clean bill of health."

Cheryl Connell, director of Lincoln County Health and Human Services, said a health inspector studied the dead rodent and the bin from which it came before searching the entire restaurant for any sign of contamination or droppings.

She said investigators determined the risk of anyone getting sick was very low.

For his part, Mr Armstead appeared content to write off the episode as a "freak accident".

"It was unfortunate I was the lucky recipient," he told KGW.

No comments :

Post a Comment