Spin banners 100% up to £250 Betway Sports £30 free bet £10 free bet club

Thursday, 28 January 2016

How to replace a Biometric Residence Permit (BRP)

A Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) is an identity card containing personal details and biometric information of foreign nationals with permission to come to the UK for more than six months.

The steps to follow in order to replace a BRP depend on whether you are in the UK or abroad.

It is very important to replace your BRP in time because if you fail to do so, you can be fined up to £1,000 and have your permission to stay removed.

Getting a replacement BRP if you are in the UK
A replacement BRP costs £45 and you have to apply for it within three months if it was lost, stolen or damaged while you were in the UK; or within one month if you’re returning to the UK on a ‘replacement BRP visa’.

How to apply
The Home Office encourages all applicants to read the guidance on applying for a replacement BRP before submitting their application.

The form to use in submitting the application is called form BRP(RC) which can be downloaded by clicking here.

There are two ways of submitting the application if you are in the UK. You can either post the form with the fee (the address is on the form); or apply in person at a premium service centre (only if you have leave to remain or indefinite leave to remain).

In case your personal details have changed, you may have to apply for a replacement BRP.

Getting a replacement BRP if you are outside the UK
While it is impossible to apply for a new BRP if you are outside the UK, you can apply for a ‘replacement BRP visa’ which you can use once to re-enter the UK.

A replacement BRP visa costs £72.

In most countries you must apply online for a replacement BRP visa.

Please remember that you must apply for a replacement BRP within one month of your return to the UK.

At the moment it is not possible to apply online for a replacement BRP visa if you are in Cuba or North Korea.

Foreigners in UK

No comments :

Post a Comment