Friday, 6 March 2020

Photo: 14-year old Nigerian Abducted by Drug Barons in Toronto!

TORONTO -- A 14-year-old boy abducted on a Toronto street on Wednesday morning has been found safe, Toronto police said on Thursday evening.

This is a breaking news update. An earlier story follows.

A 14-year-old boy abducted on a Toronto street was taken as retribution for his stepbrother's $4 million drug debt, police say.

An Amber Alert is currently in place for Shammah Jolayemi, who police say was last seen around 8:26 a.m. Wednesday screaming "help me, help me" as he was forced into a black Jeep Wrangler by two men.

Police say the abduction happened outside of 353 Driftwood Avenue in the city's Black Creek neighbourhood.

Police said bystanders reported Shammah's cries for help and an investigation was launched, but the incident was not connected to an alleged abduction until the teen's parents reported him missing shortly after 5:30 p.m.

"We believe Shammah was abducted as retribution for an unpaid drug debt," Toronto Police Supt. Steve Watts told reporters on Thursday.

"Investigators believe Shammah's brother owes a large debt in relation to a multi-kilo cocaine rip and has since fled the GTA."

The drug deal at issue is alleged to have taken place in the summer of 2019, Watts said, adding the value of the drugs taken was approximately $4 million.

He said the boy's stepbrother, Olalekan Osikoya, is suspected to have fled the Toronto area some time after the drugs were taken. He said officers have since made contact with Osikoya and he is co-operating with investigators.

Watts said Jolayemi was not personally involved in a criminal lifestyle.

"This is a 14-year-old, innocent child," Watts said. "He is not a part of that business, he is not a part of that lifestyle."

"The full resources of the Toronto Police Service in conjunction with the valuable assistance of the OPP has been engaged and tasked with finding Shammah and bringing him home safely,."

"We would encourage those who took Shammah to drop him off in a safe place. Contact a lawyer and turn yourselves in."

He said there has since been communication from his abductors and police believe the boy is still alive, but offered no further details.

No comments :

Post a Comment