Thursday, 18 November 2021

All About UK Graduate Visa Scheme


A Graduate visa gives you permission to stay in the UK for at least 2 years after successfully completing a course in the UK.

You must be in the UK when you apply.


You can apply for a Graduate visa if all of the following are true:

you’re in the UK

your current visa is a Student visa or Tier 4 (General) student visa

you studied a UK bachelor’s degree, postgraduate degree or other eligible course for a minimum period of time with your Student visa or Tier 4 (General) student visa

you’ve successfully completed that course

Check if your course is eligible and how long you need to have studied in the UK.

If you’re not eligible for a Graduate visa, you may be eligible for another type of visa to stay in the UK.

#How long you can stay

A Graduate visa lasts for 2 years. If you have a PHD or other doctoral qualification, it will last for 3 years.

Your visa will start from the day your application is approved.

#When to apply

You must apply before your Student visa or Tier 4 (General) student visa expires.

You can apply as soon as your education provider (such as your university or college) has told you that you’ve successfully completed the course you took with your Student or Tier 4 (General) student visa. You do not have to wait until you’ve graduated or have been given a certificate.

As part of your application, you’ll need to prove your identity and provide your documents.

Your application may take longer if you need an appointment to do this. You’ll find out if you need one when you start your application.

#Getting a decision

Once you’ve applied online, proved your identity and provided your documents, you’ll usually get a decision on your visa within 8 weeks.

You can stay in the UK while you wait for a decision.

#How much it costs

When you apply for a Graduate visa, you’ll need to:

pay the application fee - this is usually £700

pay the healthcare surcharge - this is usually £624 for each year you’ll be in the UK.

#What you can and cannot do

With a Graduate visa you can:

work in most jobs

look for work

be self-employed

continue living in the UK with your partner and children, if they’re eligible

do voluntary work

travel abroad and return to the UK

You cannot:

apply for most benefits (public funds), or the State Pension

work as a professional sportsperson

If your application is successful, you’ll get a full list of what you can and cannot do with a Graduate visa.

#Documents you'll need to apply

When you apply you’ll need to provide:

a valid passport or other travel document that shows your identity and nationality

your biometric residence permit (BRP), if you were given one when you applied for your Student visa or Tier 4 (General) student visa

your Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) reference number from when you applied for your Student visa or Tier 4 (General) student visa

Your CAS reference number was sent to you by your education provider when they offered you a place on the course you completed with your Student visa. If you cannot find it, ask your education provider what it is.

#Your education provider

The education provider for your course must be a licensed sponsor with a ‘track record of compliance’.

Check if your education provider has a track record of compliance - it will have ‘Student Sponsor - Track Record’ in the ‘Status’ column.

#Your course

You usually must have one of the following to apply:

a UK bachelor’s degree

a UK master’s degree

a UK PhD or doctorate

You can also apply if you completed any of the following:

a law conversion course approved by the Solicitors Regulation Authority

the Legal Practice Course in England and Wales, the Solicitors Course in Northern Ireland, or a Diploma in Professional Legal Practice in Scotland

the Bar Practice Course in England and Wales, or the Bar Course in Northern Ireland

a foundation programme in medicine or dentistry

a Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE)

a Postgraduate Diploma in Education (PGDE)

You may also be able to apply if passing your course made you eligible for a job that’s regulated by UK law or a UK public authority. Your education provider can tell you if your course is eligible.

Cr: Universal Fortune Limited 

No comments :

Post a Comment